Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jack & the Beanstalk


I have been playing around with this idea for a little while and am excited to have finally executed it. I was starting to worry I couldn't compose something that was right in the middle anymore! I have submitted it to the Ringling 100 (the theme is "Waking the Giants")...which the deadline has been extended. I'm a little mad at myself for staying up late and pushing to get it done quick but.. oh well! If any of you alumni didn't get a chance to do something for it, now you can! :)

As far as a personal update- I love Atlanta and I gave it my best shot. But after my internship ended, it was hard to find work. So, I'm moving back in with my parents in Texas in almost exactly one month. I will keep posting art up until a few weeks of silence due to the move.

On the bright side: Mexican food, 24 hour coffee shops, Caty is coming with me.. and it will be nice to see Erin, Dustin, & Adam again. :)

See y'all soon.

5 comments:

Tina Sweep said...

A thrilling piece, Sarah! I really love how you played with the perspectives and incorporated design fun with dimensional form.

Adam Tamte Volker said...

It will be cool to hang out again! Have a good trip back. I'm excited to hear all your stories

-Tamte

Dustin dArnault said...

Yeah it would be great to see you again!! Be safe driving back!

-Dd

Sarah Marino said...

Have a safe trip dear! I love the piece and can't wait to see more!

Arrolynn said...

One of my favorite "Jack and the Beanstalk" pieces I have ever seen!