Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two days

Well, I head back to Texas in two days. I figured I'd scan a few things before I pack away my computer stuffs.... I'm going to miss Atlanta.





When I can't decide what to draw, I just scribble on the page a bunch and make things out of the scribbles. This one came out pretty funny:



Oh, and I thought I'd share that I got a tattoo. I got it with Watts on the same weekend. I've always wanted to share the sense of humor I have about my hearing loss, so what better way than tattooing "What?" behind my ear.


And one more thing. Me & Sarah drove town to Ringling for the senior show. It was a blast, and really great to see everyone and to get some sun. On the way back Sarah took a scenic route while I slept, and when I woke up I immediately gasped - we drove right past a herd of longhorns. They were so majestic and awesome. And in my opinion, a good omen about Texas.

6 comments:

Watts said...

I'm gonna miss you!!
Don't cry because it's gone, smile because it happened.

That was gooshy;) I had so much fun, and I love your tattoo.

Lynda Bostrom said...

Hey you! I really like that second one... it's so cute and weird!

Arrolynn said...

Those are awesome sketches. The top is my favorite, your linework is beautiful.

Coop said...

Hi Sarah, I really like your work and hope that this interests you.

I am attempting to amass a large collection of portraits of Frankenstein's Monster in as many different styles and in as many different media as possible as an ongoing art project. The only stipulation is that the size is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (standard artist trading card size) and that each card has name, date, location, title and anything else you care to add on the back.

I welcome cards from both amateur and professional artists.

I will be leaving blank cards with instructions and mailing address in galleries, colleges, art shops, on buses, handing them out in the street and wherever else I can think of.

If you think you can spare the time to produce a little something, please send a portrait to:

A Patchwork Of Flesh
45 Silversea Drive
Westcliff on Sea
Essex
SS0 9XD
United Kingdom

Each card I receive will be uploaded at http://apatchworkofflesh.blogspot.com/ to produce an on-line gallery, I then hope to put on an exhibition of these cards in a gallery.

Huntington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breadwig said...

Your work is so great! I especially love your sketches, so awesome and full of awesome awesomeness. They are like awesome coated awesomeness with awesome filling.