Friday, June 05, 2009

The Most Wild Thing of All



I am so excited an honored to have been invited by Cory Godbey to participate on his project, Terrible Yellow Eyes! It is a non-profit collection of works all done as an homage to the beloved book Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. This children's book was a major part of my childhood; I remember loving reading it, and building piles of pillows and blankets in my bed to pretend they were in my boat with me. I've always wanted to draw his monsters and get away with it! A few other Ringling buddies are on the site, as well.
The artworks submitted up to today are going to be given to Mr. Sendak himself in the form of a book on his 81st birthday - on June 10th. How cool! Thank you again Cory :)


5 comments:

roger moore said...

hi! before anything im sorry for my ennglish is very bad n_n,i love your painting in "terrible yellow eyes" is very original,you work is amazing,reguards from Argentine!

The Machine said...

Wow this is awesome! ya i saw all the submissions for "Terrible yellow eyes". What an awesome idea. They all are so good. Im tempted to make one just for fun. If you don't mind me asking, did Cory Godbey just out of the blue call you up and ask you to contribute or did you submit for it or how did you get into this? lol

Lel said...

I love this piece, the colours are beautiful!

Cynthia H. said...

I love the blue and all the contrasting of the yellow with his eyes! Nice work.

Erin Hunting said...

Beautiful :)