Thursday, February 25, 2010

Part-time Nanny, full-time ninja.

Hi there!

It's been a while. I've been pretty busy and am finally relaxed enough to focus on my art again now that I have a part-time job to pay the bills. Thank goodness! I have some things for you:

I submitted a painting to the lovely Youngblood Gallery & Boutique in Atlanta (which I really, really miss going to) for a show in conjunction with a bike race called "Cycle Through." I sort of did this one on a whim with no planning, and it was fun. I am trying to push myself away from flat-colored backgrounds.




Also, I was invited to participate in the "Curiouser & Curiouser" Alice and Wonderland show at Gallery Nucleus. I am so happy that they keep having me back! The gallery has also released a print of my Where the Wild Things are piece "That Very Night..." available online here! I have to admit, it is super intimidating to be in shows with people I learned about/was in love with in college. That being said, thanks Gallery Nucleus for being awesome! I can't wait until I can actually go to a show... Now that I am done rambling, here are the pieces I did for the AiW show:


(this one is little)


(this one is not as little)

I just noticed that everyone is facing left (in my pieces). I notice these kinds of odd things. Check back in later for some right-facing arts. Or maybe up-facing, or MAYBE NOT EVEN A FACE AT ALL. WHO KNOWS!?

Thanks for readin' my blog. See you soon!

5 comments:

McLean Kendree said...

Love that first one - the colors and shapes are strong, but its got a really atmospheric quality overall. More plz!

bears and carrots said...

i just found your blog and love it! oh i wish i can draw like you . your sketch book is amazing(but mine is so stupid :( )
anyways :D have a nice day !

Karien Naude said...

This is wicked! I love your style

Kenny Callicutt said...

Your blog is full of nice things.

The Ginger Darlings said...

I found your work via facebook. Can't believe that beautiful image inspired by Max and the Wild Things sold for so little! Damn I wish I had found you sooner, and it. Beautifully conceived and drawn.